With the colder months fast approaching, comfort food will be the name of the game for us at Tenacity Works. Luckily our clients enjoy food and cooking as much as we do and are not afraid to share their top culinary tips and tricks!
“Butternut soup has become a staple in our home during the winter months,” says our Little Forest client, Gavin Colborne, “It’s quick and easy to make and the kids love it.”
Here he shares his delicious, family recipe with us!
Butternut Soup Ingredients
1 tbsp. Butter
1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
500 g Butternut (Cubed)
300ml Chicken Stock
15-20 ml Lemon juice
125 ml Cream
Pinch of Cumin
Pinch of dried Chilli, Salt and (freshly ground) Black Pepper — to taste
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and sauté for 30 seconds until golden.
- Add the chopped butternut, cumin and chicken stock to a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the butternut is soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and cream.
- Pour into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with the dried chilli, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle with cream and serve with crusty bread.
To Veganise this dish, you can simply use the Flora Vegan Margarine to saute the onions in. Ensure you use the Ina Paarman’s stock (they are all Vegan) and simply replace the cream with a dairy-free option or eliminate it completely.
Did you make this recipe at home or have one of your own that you’d like to share? Get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
Image bought on Canva