Our Ultimate List of Marketing Statistics for 2021
We love learning more about marketing and the impact it has on businesses just like yours. So, this month we decided to do a little digging and check out the latest marketing statistics and trends!
In this post, we will be sharing snippets of information from a multitude of reports pertaining to Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing and Lead Generation, to name a few.
Ready to get started? Let’s dive right in!
- Blogs are among the primary three forms of media used in content strategies today. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Blog posts with 2000+ words are more likely to have strong SEO results. (OptinMonster, 2020)
- Blog posts remain the number one content type used among B2B marketers, followed by email newsletters. (Circlesstudio, 2020)
- Video has become the most commonly used format in content marketing, overtaking blogs and infographics. (HubSpot, 2020)
- The majority of companies (67%) use organic traffic to measure their content success. (SEMrush, 2019)
Social Media Marketing
- In the third quarter of 2020, Facebook stated that 10 million active advertisers were using the social networking platform to promote their products and services. (Statistica, 2020)
- 44 % of advertisers intend to increase their ad spend on TikTok this year. (WARC, 2021)
- LinkedIn is the second-most popular social media platform used by B2B marketers, ranking only behind Facebook. (Statista, 2019)
- Instagram is the social channel with the second-highest ROI among marketers. (HubSpot, 2020)
- An ad on LinkedIn can reach 13% of the world’s population (Hootsuite, 2020)
- The industry average click-through rate for email is 2.13%. (GetResponse, 2020)
- 87% of B2B marketers use email as a distribution channel. (Kinsta, 2020)
- Mobile accounted for 42% of all email opens in 2019. (Litmus, 2019)
- Internet Marketing had the lowest average open rate of 14.97%. (GetResponse, 2020)
- Email marketing has the highest return on investment for small businesses. (Campaign Monitor, 2019)
- More than half (53%) of marketers say webinars is the top-of-the-funnel format that generates the most high-quality leads. (Demand Gen Report via Hubspot, 2021)
- Only 5-10% of qualified leads successfully convert for marketers (Zoominfo, 2019).
- Email automation campaigns are among the top three tactics used by email marketers to improve performance. (Hubspot, 2021))
- Outsourcing lead generation generates 43% better results than in-house lead generation. (airisX,2020)
- Marketers say Google Analytics is their top SEO tool. (HubSpot, 2020)
- By 2022, 83% of the world’s internet traffic will be video. (Biteable, 2021)
- 24% of video marketers said they used video for the first time in 2020. (Wyzowl, 2021)
- 80% of video marketers say video has directly helped increase sales. (Optinmonster, 2021)
- In 2020, social engagement videos are among the top four most common types of video marketers are investing in today. (HubSpot, 2020)
- 74% of marketers say video has a better return on investment than static imagery. (Biteable, 2021)
- An estimated 40% of online transactions are completed using a mobile device, with mobile eCommerce purchases predicted to be worth $3.56 trillion by 2021. (themarketinghelpline, 2020)
- As of January 2021, two billion users were accessing the WhatsApp messenger on a monthly basis. (Statista, 2021)
- Mobile eCommerce sales are expected to account for 72.9% of all retail sales by 2021. (ecommerceguide, 2020)
- 58% of smartphone users feel more favourable towards companies whose mobile sites or apps remember who they are and their past behaviour. (Think with Google, 2019)
- In 2020, the global artificial intelligence (AI) software market is expected to grow approximately 154% year-over-year. (Statista, 2020)
Every marketer will agree that the marketing industry evolves rapidly and that it’s not always easy to find new ways of engaging customers and creating experiences that excite them.
Tenacity Works can keep you abreast of the latest marketing trends and ensure that your business stays relevant and successful. Get in touch, and let’s get started on your digital journey, today.
Photo by CardMapr.nl on Unsplash